Robust, quantitative, ecological science is the heart of BAM. We fill information gaps related to boreal bird management and conservation, such as:
- The population sizes, trends, distributions, and habitat needs of boreal-breeding species, especially those at risk;
- How to monitor boreal birds efficiently and effectively;
- Which factors drive species’ spatial and temporal patterns in abundances;
- How to best capitalize on existing data;
- Quantifying and projecting impacts of human activities and climate change on boreal birds;
- Understanding the historical range of variation in boreal bird populations in relation to natural disturbance regimes.
To learn more about BAM’s science, click one of the topics below, browse all of our project profiles, or select one or more keywords from the menu at right to filter for a specific subset of projects.
Note that this section of our website will be continually growing as we launch our new website. Please check back regularly.